20 Nov 2007

Ford Mondeo (current one)

My ongoing problems with the clutch on my Mondeo has finally been tracked down to the Dual Mass flywheel, which is apparently a common problem on the TDCi engine with Ford!

It's symptoms include the clutch slipping in all gears, sometimes when just putting your foot down. Also auto acceleration, which is mighty frightening when you take your foot off the gas and it keeps going, and accelerates with it too!

Still can't wait to get it back, as I am in an Astra 1.4 Club hire car, jesus is it gutless! The stereo is so tinny, I am sure my mobile phone's speaker has more bass!

At night I have never seen such a dark dash, there's just no sodding buttons lit up, cos it aint go no options! It's got windy windows in the back, WTF!!!!

Only plus is it's silent, compared to my Massey Ferguson beating clack clack London Taxi engine!

No comments: