21 Apr 2008

What A Week

To say the last week hasn't been eventful would be a joke!

I have had Catherine's parents staying at our house, as they are over for her sister's daughters baptism, which we are not going to.

So Thursday we decide to visit Sidmouth, and we are held up tons at home, then traffic in Bristol. Then it took ages to fill up with diesel in the petrol station, and then finally we are on the way....

Well at least we all thought so!

On the A369 just outside Gordano some muppet decides to make a last  minute right turn, and he needs to stop for traffic. The car behind him has to take evasive action to stop, and likewise for me. With all the technology in my new car it appeared that the car just slid into the back of the other, there was no grip on the road. The tyres are almost new, it has ABS and ESP so it should have stopped! Why did the airbag go off? Well it's because I hit a sensor on the front chassis, christ it stinks, and shocked more than the impact.

The main thing is that everyone was alright, both in my car and the other.

The damage to my car is £4000, which is quite surprising given the little damage shown in the pics. The garage have some internal pictures, I will try and obtain them and post them here.

They did telephone me to ask if the mileage was correct, as it had 64200 on the clock! You have to laugh don't you?

No comments: