11 Jul 2009

Fishing @ West Bexington Part 2 – The night..

Now Dave had long since gone, and me and Neil were left to slog on through the night in cold and damp conditions.

I lost count how many times me and Neil had to de-sea grass our fishing lines, some of the clumps were huge! I mean huge! It took some untangling to get it off the line!

Anyway in amongst the seaweed Neil actually managed to catch something, a sand eel. Not ideal, and he couldn’t get the hook out so had to cut his head off in the end, the body and head continued to move for 30 minutes or more, most disturbing!

This was to be the last catch of the trip…

IMG_8795 IMG_8793 IMG_8794

At this point I retired to my tent, and got my two hours sleep only to wake up freezing cold, damp and dying for a pee! I couldn’t go outside my tent without getting dressed as it was raining, so in my desperation for a pee I managed to get the trousers on the wrong leg, things were getting desperate, but I managed to correct my error and have a pee on the beach!

Now my teeth were chattering, it was cold and wet. Everything was soaked through with the drizzle. My chair was soaked so I couldn’t sit down.

Sea conditions faired no better today, and the sea grass was ever present! I didn’t even bother to put a new shock leader knot on my line after my last one got caught in the biggest clump off grass ever seen!

IMG_8800

Tea was the order of the morning, it was 06.13am at this point, and it was miserably damp!

IMG_8796

The night before had lots of fishers on the beach, only the foolish remained overnight it seems!

IMG_8797

My little tent, all damp and in need of packing away!

IMG_8798

Neil still persevered with the tangled lines!

IMG_8799

Now tea was taken, time for bacon and sausage sandwiches.

IMG_8803 IMG_8801 IMG_8802

We then packed up and after numerous trips to the car headed back to the much drier and warmer Bristol!

Total fishes caught : 3

Other : 1 Sand Eel

On the way back we did a quick recon on Clevedon, which had some potential!

Until the next time……….

No comments: