2 Aug 2009

Severn Beach – The Return

A quick jaunt today was had at Severn Beach for a spot of fishing….

Needless to say our lucky run of not having to take home any smelly horrible fish continued, it’s all in the game plan I promise!

It made a change to be fishing in warm and sunny conditions, as you can see by the photographs.

I chose the traditional bait of diced smoked bacon, Neil went with squid, no conclusion on the bacon can be made as yet.

Unlike Slapton, we did see two other sets of fishermen, who I believe also came away without the burden of any smelly fish in their cars!

Click on the pictures below to see a bigger version!

 IMG_8829

Neil setting up his rod.

IMG_8831

IMG_8832 IMG_8833

Yes that is blue sky! Look at all those rocks and grass clumps we need to avoid!

IMG_8836 IMG_8837

Here I am getting my tackle out…. I mean sorted out :-)

IMG_8838

Neil sets about chopping some squid, after its second defrosting!

IMG_8839

The big shiny water area is down to the sun, yes the sun, check out Wikipedia if you have forgotten what it is! I know its been so long since we have seen it!

IMG_8840

Ever the optimist… I am trying out the smoky bacon bait :-)

IMG_8841 IMG_8842 IMG_8844

Memories of Chesil Beach all over again….

IMG_8845

Neil didn’t quite grasp the zoom facility on the camera :-)

IMG_8846

Neil’s artsy shot, actually looks pretty good!

IMG_8847

Struggling to keep my trousers up as usual!

IMG_8848

The crack fishing duo posing for the camera!

No comments: