25 Apr 2010

Severn Beach Monster Codling… Well Not Really!

So fresh off the blinding success of Chesil Beach, myself and Neil decided to give good old Severn Beach a chance.

It wasn’t a massive tide (12.2m), but it was not raining and it was a reasonable time 22:40pm, so we thought sod it, why not!

After the absolutely hopeless light situation of Chesil, where I could barely see my rod tip with the crappy glow lights I bought off Ebay!! So I splashed out £4.99 on a nice LED light (see below) whilst purchasing the bait for the evening in www.veals4carp.co.uk, Bristol site.

So a generous £7 quids worth of nasty ragworm, that seems very lively at the moment wherever you seem to buy it from, and we are off and running to Severn Beach.

As usual there was was nobody else there (either a sign, or they didn’t fancy 11pm Sunday night!).

So we setup cast in….

The first cast of mine see’s me catching a codling! Here you can see my fish butler Neil “Jeeves” Bedford modelling the catch of the day by Duncan.

 

IMG_0379

The evening saw lots of bites on the lines, but they were only eels we believe, still it made for some fun.

Ok so as promised here are the pictures of the rod light!

 

IMG_0386 IMG_0383

No comments: