6 Jun 2010

10oz Weight prototypes for boat fishing

A group of us are off fishing on a boat in Weymouth on the 18th June 2010.

To avoid spending a fortune on 10oz leads Neil came up with the idea of making our own using 500ml drink bottles and cement! I took it one stage further and bought some fast setting postcrete from Wickes, which sets in no time at all!

So here are a couple of rough prototypes, I have a really good once but it has no wire attachment in it (so I didnt take a photo).

Both of these are not of very good finish as I removed them from the plastic cup I made them in too early!


The first one has a 30lb fishing line attached to the metal part of a clothes peg, giving it good grip internally.

IMG_0498 IMG_0499 IMG_0500

So here is prototype number two modeling a nice 13amp wire which is knotted inside the cement with some paperclips twisted around the knots for extra grip.

 IMG_0501

No comments: