22 Sept 2011

Audi A3–1900 Miles Later

Ok so now I have driven 1900 miles and a few more (in two weeks) I thought it was time to post my views on the old girl on my blog site as promised.

So as a car it is fantastic, it drives beautifully. It feels like it is glued to the road, out handling my old ‘08 plate Ford Mondeo by miles. Also as a bonus the dashboard hasn’t gone bonkers like the Mondeo did. But that said, the size difference between the two is instantly noticeable, the Mondeo was cavernous in comparison to the A3. I didn’t order the Audi for its size though, it was for the fun!

Everyone is interested in fuel economy these days and I left it a little too close to the bone on Friday to drive from Reading to Bristol on the tanks contents. So I had to drive more like the majority of people on the inside lane of the M4 Friday, with the occasional foray into the middle and outside lane. With an average cruising speed for 60 – 70mph I managed to get to the M4 junction for Bristol (J19) with an average MPG of 59.8 (see picture below for evidence).

2011-09-16 16.03.30

 

Now that is impressive in my opinion!!

Ok so that’s the good points so far, now how about the negative…. well to be honest there aren’t that many, and at best they are just inconvenient more than massive issues.

The centre armrest that comes with the SLine stops you from putting the handbrake on and off easily. You have to lift it up in the air to get to the handbrake. Also underneath said armrest is a drinks holder, not for two, just for one. Again if you dare to put something in the receptacle you cant put the arm rest down.

You may have gathered by now my armrest is probably sky bound for the majority of the time!

The doors are very big on the car, making parking in a car park like Russian roulette, will it be dented or not when I return!

So I find myself going out of my way to park miles away from any other cars, so what is it that attracts other cars to mine when I do so, its so bloody annoying!

The iPod dock in the glove box is crap, I have had to stick a “wedge” under it to stop my iPod Touch from falling out. Even that doesn't stop the randomness of the “no audio” syndrome! For no apparent reason the audio disappears but the device is still playing and can see the iPod (see video below). So I have opted for MP3’s on CD instead, at least I get full track information that way (as you don't on the iPod dock connector!)

Listen to my iPod audio dont it sound good? Oops sorry you cant hear it because my car has an issue!

No comments: