24 Aug 2012

A trip to Zooparc Beauval

Yesterday saw some cloud cover at last! It was still in the late 20's though.

So we decided to goto Beauval Zooparc near St.Aignan in France. The sun was out but it was quite breezy, which was nice given the last week of relentless heat. So it was 2 against 1 on the roof going down, as I owned the car I decided to veto the other votes and put it down. In hindsight an error of judgement.

Catherine did nothing but moan the entire way, so in the end I relented and put the roof up. Of course to counter this I whacked the air con to its lowest and on full blast.

A toll free 90 minutes later we were heading into the zoo car park, I had to cruise in with roof down as it was sunny and bloody hot, so it went down to park.

In went to pay, 66€ to get in. Now I'm all for charging a fair price, but 66€ is a bit strong. Never less I paid and went in, oh my lord we had the chosen the one day when 6000 oiks were there on some sort of mass organised day out. It was chocca with people, and everyone had the same destination in mind, the giant pandas enclosure.

Well we headed that way as Catherine wouldn't shut up about going there, well what can I say.... Boring! One of them was asleep, the other just sat there chomping bamboo.. Am I missing something, what's so exciting about this?

Anyway, the zoo is fantastic if you have never visited before. I highly recommend it.

 

No comments: