21 Jun 2007

The Company Car Dilemma ....

It's time for me to choose a new company car, this time for 4 years as a contract. My current car is a Ford Mondeo Zetec S Diesel.

Let me tell you this, it has eaten the front bloody tyres, so anyone out there thinking of getting a 18" wheel Mondeo with 224/40 R18 tyres be warned! I have had 7 sets during 62,000 miles. The longest set being the Continental's from new, the worst so far being Michelin. It has consistently lost about 10psi of tyre pressure every 2 weeks since the first tyre set were changed.

Anyway onto the new car, the two shortlisted are the

  • Vauxhall Zafira 1.9 CDTi Diesel SRi Exterior Pack
  • Mazda 5 Nav Sport

I am waiting for a test drive next week on the Vauxhall, although i did try the VXR model last week and nearly had a heart attack (boy was it quick!!).

If you have any views on the two cars, leave me a comment.

No comments: