22 Apr 2011

Worse Things Happen At Sea!

We headed off fishing to our secret location today, with one thing in mind, will the water come over the top!

There were a few people already fishing in the location, two of which had us in stitches. The most ridiculous homemade rod stand (pictured below), and using 3oz river weights in the Severn Estuary! Dear oh dear, ill prepared or what!

Dave T caught fish tonight, although for the life of me I can’t remember how many (at least one!). I even caught a cod to increase the lead on Neil who got… no fish again Smile

Pier 24th April 2011 01Pier 24th April 2011 03Pier 24th April 2011 04

Above: The sun sets… The ridiculous rod stand…. Dave and Neil in deep discussion (not about fishing though)

Pier 24th April 2011 08Pier 24th April 2011 09

Above: Dave tests out his refuge if the water came over the top!…….  My codling that I didn’t know was on my line!

Pier 24th April 2011 10

Above: Dave’s catch of the evening

Pier 24th April 2011 11

Above: The location starts to disappear under water….

Pier 24th April 2011 12

Above: Water is everywhere now and rushing into the pier at a rate of knots…. time to bloody leg it!

Pier 24th April 2011 13

Above: Neil smiling as we reach the safety at the start of the pier! We had just walked about 200m in pitch black up to the knees in water with me at the front feeling the way along the path with my rod and rod rest! It was an adrenalin pumping experience! One not to be repeated!

No comments: