14 Jan 2008

Nintendo UK - First Class Customer Service..... NOT!!!

Now I need to explain something first, so that the rest of this makes sense! With the Wii you can purchase additional channels or old DreamCube games, for this you need Wii Points. Now the are ways of getting these points, by purchasing them from retailers etc, but you can also get them online from Nintendo. Or you are meant to be able to.

You also can get them by registering you official Nintendo products online for which you get Nintendo Stars (which you can also use to buy Wii Points, allegedly!).

So I registered all my products, giving me enough stars to get 500 Wii Points, which is exactly enough for the Wii Internet Browser.

So I tried to buy the 500 points online, and to my amazement they only had 100 point cards available, so I thought ok I'll get 5. So I bought one, and then tried to get the 2nd, only to be told you can only purchase.

So I keep trying over the weeks ahead to get to the pathetic total of 500 Wii points, but alas they have never got any points! So this is really starting to feck me right orrf now, time to email Nintendo customer service.
So I put all my gripes dowm on paper (so to speak), and sent it off to them. Well what happened? I'll tell you what... NOTHING!!!!
After 5 days they responded with a "Dear Customer, bla bla bla if you still have a problem reply to this email and included the original problem".... errrm WTF!! So they deleted/ignored the original email and hoped the problem would go away.

Well done Nintendo, not only do you suck for producing 3 Wii per month for the whole world, but your customer service is even worse!

I was beggining to think the whole Nintendo Wii thing was smart and slick, but it sucks to be honest. Microsoft Xbox 360 points are so much easier to get, so well done MS!

Oh and still wait for a reply from DimTenDo CussTerMare Service!

No comments: